We Are a Happy Family!





Saturday, September 26, 2009

Our Story!

Now that we've been married for about a month, we decided it'd be good to share how it all happened! :)

Zac and I had a Jr. high romance. He liked me, I liked him! Since we couldn't technically date yet, since we were both 15, we "hung out" a lot with a big group of friends. Then the big day finally came when we could both date!! Hooray! We went to the Roof together for our first date! (Katrina and Ryan doubled with us!)


From then on we tried really hard to date other people, even setting a rule that we had to go on 2 dates in between the dates we went on! Zac took me to Jr. Prom, in April 2005, and we had our first kiss! :) We continued dating and doing everything together. We were in Orchestra, youth council and 3 or 4 classes together. He was my best friend!


By the middle of our Senior year we decided to throw in the towel of dating other people! It just wasn't worth it when we both knew we just wanted to be together! We dated pretty exclusively the rest of our senior year. Then we ended up going to BYU together, where we tried not to be exclusive since Zac was preparing to serve a mission. Yeah, that didn't work! We couldn't stay apart! We had a great freshman year! Going to Divine comedy (BYU's comedy club), dances, and the library! (We're nerds :) ). Zac received his mission call to serve in the Korea, Seoul West mission. He left April 25th 2007. (the last day of finals!! )


While he was gone we wrote letters and sent tapes. We now have a huge binder of all our letters since we wrote his whole mission! We both hoped we would end up together and things would work out but neither of us wanted to get our hopes up! So I dated and Zac worked hard as a missionary.

Zac got home Friday May 15th 2009. I was terrified to see him! Ask my mom!! I went over to his house that night and we talked for a little bit. Then we got together again that Tuesday. I had been fasting and praying that day to know what I should do since I was dating someone else and he wanted to move forward and get more serious. While I was with Zac I got my answer that he is the only one for me and that we were supposed to be together! Crazy how it was only 4 days after he got home! I broke up with the other guy the next day and Zac and I started dating. He kissed me for the first time since he'd been home that Sunday, May 24th. The next day, Zac asked me what I thought about us and we basically decided we were going to get married! :) (Fast right?) But still Yay! We went ring shopping that night and it was awful! I didn't know how I could pick one! I told Zac he should just pick one for me. He argued that he never could cause what if I didn't like it! Oh well. My family interrogated me that night and I admitted that we had discussed it. My mom reserved the temple that night for August 15th. I love you Mom!

Unfortunately, Zac hadn't had his homecoming talk yet. So we decided to wait to get officially engaged until after his talk. My favorite part is that during his talk and his little get together after we knew we were getting married, and our parents knew, but no one else did! Although, Aunt Allison later told me that she suspected we were getting married because of how we were interacting. Needless to say the rest of the family were a little shocked the next week when we announced our engagement!

I was working Sunday June 7th. I got off early and decided to drive to Highland to see Zac and surprise him since he thought he wouldn't get to see me until Monday. I got to my parents house right as Zac called my dad! I motioned to my dad to not let Zac know I was here. They set up a time where Zac could come over and talk to my dad. We all knew what they were "talking" about! he he. I then called Zac and said, "Hey I'm in highland! I just got home!" Yeah so it was a little white lie but Zac loves surprising me and I didn't want to ruin it. He's still bitter about that little fib.... He invited me to go to his grandparents with him and his family. Afterwards I made up the excuse that I needed to go pick something up from my friend Bree so that he could talk to my dad. Then I came back and we all played games for a little while. Zac was convinced I had NO idea! I later confessed on our honeymoon that I did know...lol! He got it out of me!

When Zac left that night I tried to get my parents to spill when he was proposing! They said they thought sometime this week! I hoped it would be the next day! :) Zac came over the next day at like 3. He said he wanted to drive up to his grandparents cabin to look around at places to do engagement pictures. Of course, I believed him! We got there and his mom drove past! So I was like, "Zac! Why is your mom here?" He ignored me and I thought, "Hmm..proposal? Secret set up?" But then he threw me off and really started to lead me on different trails and talking about spots to take pictures. At one point we started heading up in the direction of "dance rock" as it is lovingly called by the Carter clan, and I thought for sure Paula (Zac's mom) had set something up on the top of that rock! Halfway there he stopped and said,"We shouldn't hike any further. I don't want to ruin your shoes!" (Since it was raining and I was wearing white shoes...) I was like, "forget my shoes!! Like I care at a time like this!" So I was thrown off and thought that he was really just doing something nice for me. Dang it! Then he took me inside the cabin and there was a nice Olive Garden (My favorite) dinner set up with roses and balloons. It was very romantic. We talked and kissed and took pictures and then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! I said yes before he even opened the ring box! :) I love my ring and he picked it out all by himself!!





So now we're married and it's great!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Cute Blog!! :) I'm impressed! See...you know how to do it! :) (Now, the tough part will be finding time to do it often!!) :)

    Love you! Let me know if you need help ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading your story and seeing all of your pictures from when you guys were so young!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, You guys have been together a LONG time!! I'm happy it worked out for you!! I know we never really hung out, but seeing you at work was so much fun :) It was fun to see you at the temple that day as well :)!
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took that picture of you two! Where you're both wearing Maroon and Kelsey's holding her light up rose! =D Yea, that was me! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete