I was re-reading on e of my cute friend's blogging about the birth of her little girl today. She did such a cute thing by giving an update during the last five weeks of her pregnancy. I loved her idea so I'm going to do the same thing!! :) (Thanks Mandy for being so creative! I hope my baby's birth is as successful as yours!)
I've been feeling a lot of surges over the past few weeks. (I am using Hypnobirthing, a natural approach to childbirth where you use relaxation/visualization during labor and delivery. Part of Hypnobirthing is positive thinking about birth and your baby's birthing day. In conjunction with that, we use words like "surge" vs "contraction" because contraction brings images of tightening whereas surge is more about the wavelike energy that will expel the baby.) I struggle a little bit using different terminology because I'm doing shifts on Labor and Delivery for nursing school and don't use Hypnobirthing terminology there!
I had an appointment last Wednesday. They were going to do my Group B strep test, so I asked the midwife if she would check me. I thought for sure I would be like a 2!! At least! However, I am only a fingertip and 50% effaced.I was disappointed. The midwife tried to be optimistic and said, "You are on your way!" I had a hard time being like, "Are you kidding?!?! I'm like basically closed!!" We left the office a little dismayed that I'm not very far along. It made me feel a little better when I was reading a book about birthing and it said, "You could be totally closed and have a baby the next day! You could also walk around dilated to a 3 for weeks." Hopefully I start dilating. This week, I haven't felt as many surges, which is sad. I keep thinking maybe it's because this little girl knows I really couldn't handle having her this week. I am finishing my last three shifts on Labor and Delivery for Nursing school this week. I did one lastnight, have another tonight and then half a shift on Saturday. Then I'm all done! So really, this little girl can come ANYTIME after the 19th.
I'm still feeling good. I'm more tired than I was a few weeks ago, but I am definitely sprinting to the finish! :) Hopefully I'll be a little more dilated at my next appointment! :)
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a great idea to post a lot right at the end of your pregnancy! :) I will enjoy reading your posts I'm sure! You're so close! Only a few more weeks! Lucky!! ;)
ReplyDeleteI like your blog, your picture and the update! Here is my advice, if I had to do it (having babies) over again, I would just plan on a week late and quit worrying about it. I was so anxious for every one of you to come that I made myself and your poor dad miserable. In retrospect, I would just try really hard to not hope for early because then if the baby is late, it's okay and if the baby is early, it's a nice surprise! Good luck with that! I never succeeded but wished I could have! I love you and I can't wait until she gets here so I can meet her but I will try to expect her on March 12th!
ReplyDeleteI hope that she comes earlier than later for your sake and for the Carter's sake! :) But I have to agree with mom that it is the most frustrating thing to be anticipating something so so so much and then not have it happen till way later! :)
ReplyDelete(Although...it would be REALLY nice if she waited till after the 21st so she can see your pretty toes when she comes out! :) haha) ;)