I'm a little late getting this written. I had my 37 week appointment last week. Things look good! Good news is that I'm Group B Strep negative which totally made my day! Group B Strep is part of the normal flora of bacteria found in a woman's vaginal canal. It is not a big deal, however, women who have it need to be given at least 2 doses of IV antibiotics before they delivery to help protect the baby from getting a Group B Strep infection. Since I really want to labor at home as long as possible, going to the hospital for antibiotics would have put a damper on that plan! :) Other than that, everything else is pretty normal. I'm dilated somewhere between a 1-2 (it's so subjective I got two different opinions! I trust the 2 a little more cause that nurse has more years of L&D under her belt...) and I'm still about 60% effaced. The baby did move down from a -3 station to a -2 station! So little by little she's inching down! I'm really looking forward to when she totally drops, just so I can breathe a little easier. Things are looking good and we're still very excited! We've been tackling all her laundry this week so it's all set and ready when she decides to make her entrance.
Well, there you go until next week! :)
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay!! You are the prettiest pregnant lady, Kels. But in 11 days you'll be the prettiest little mommy! (And Zac will be a handsome daddy!) Glad you're feeling well and things are progressing nicely. Way to go!
ReplyDelete11 DAYS LEFT KELS!!!!!!! Oh, my heck I can not wait to see your sweet little baby and hear how wonderful her birthing day was! You are going to be such a wonderful mama and your delivery is going to go exactly how you want it to! Gosh I'm so excited! :) Love you!
ReplyDelete