We Are a Happy Family!





Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Four of Four

I had my last appointment before my due date today. I'm 39.3 weeks today. I'm still feeling good! I've been having lots of Braxton-Hicks, but no real contractions yet! I'm really looking forward to them... funny how you get to that point. My appointment went well today. Baby is definitely head down (The midwife felt her sutures in her head :) ) and her heart is nice and strong. I'm dilated to a 2.5 (just a little stretchier than a 2) and still 80% effaced. So not a ton of progress in the last week, but it's ok. I'm feeling good. The midwife I saw today is one of my favorites and helped remind me that we really don't want to force the fruit off the tree when it's not ready. We want the fruit to be all ripe and juicy and come on it's own. Hence, I am going to be patient and let this little girl keep growing and developing until she's set and ready to come out. It will happen and I can wait. :)

2 comments:

  1. You are a good blogger. When I got to my last appointment I didn't post til I had Emi. I was to frustrated that she hadn't come on her due date. It's so hard to wait but well worth it when you have that sweet baby laying on your chest afterwards! Good Luck Kels! I'll be saying prayers for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so close! It does seem like forever just waiting, but she'll be here before you know it! It was fun to see you for a minute the other day! Hope labor/delivery go well!

    ReplyDelete