We Are a Happy Family!





Friday, February 25, 2011

Three of Four


Here I am at 38 wks!
My appointment went well today. (I am 38.5 wks along today). Things still look good! The baby is active and has a strong, normal heartbeat. (I always love hearing it, it makes me feel so much better.) Good news is that I'm a 2 and 80% effaced. My cervix is nice and soft. The only problem is that it is still pretty posterior when it needs to be anterior. So we still could have a couple weeks. :/ I got pretty impatient last night so we did a lot to try to get me to go into labor: there was a huge storm, so I was hopeful! We ate a special eggplant recipe that supposedly puts women into labor, used pressure points, walked, sat/bounced on the birthing ball, did squats, and a few other things :). No luck yet! I really need to stop being so impatient. I think it's been harder this last week because I finished clinicals so I'm ready. I have a lot more time to myself, just thinking about her, doing all her laundry... I need more clinical hours or something to distract myself! lol. My goal this week is to just be patient - she will come when she's ready and when my body is ready. I don't want to rush things or force her out and end up with a birthing day and a recovery that I don't want. She is going to be well worth the wait!
Well, until next time! :)

2 comments:

  1. Your ticker says 8 days to go! Oooooo!!! Hope she's on time and doesn't make you wait any longer than you have to!! Grateful things are going well. Keep my number on speed dial!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its worth the wait. I know that its hard and you just want her here safe and sound but she will come when the time is right! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete