I passed my nursing boards so I am officially Kelsey Carter, RN! Yay!! I got 75 questions on my test, which is the lowest number of questions you can get and still pass so I was happy! It was really tough. I felt like I failed after my test turned off and I was driving home. Wednesday night one of my closest friends from nursing school who took the test the same day I did called me to tell me I was a nurse! She had just looked online and saw that we had both passed! :) :) So happy!
Zac got his MCAT scores Wednesday afternoon. He did fantastic. He got a 36! The MCAT is out of 45 so a 36 is really good! It's in the 95th percentile. I am beyond proud of him. I think he is just brilliant and am so happy for him. He has worked so hard. Now that we have his score we are starting to narrow down our list of medical schools to apply to. I'll let you know when we have the official list! :)
Kennady had her surgery on Thursday. She would not go to bed Wednesday night...little stinker! We finally got her to sleep at 12:30. I woke her up at 3 to feed her one more time before she had to fast until her surgery. We both fell back asleep about 4:30 and then we got up at 5:30 to go to the hospital. Needless to say we were all pretty wiped out. We got all checked in at the hospital at 6:30. Kennady was asleep until they had to weigh her. She was awake and happy for about 30 minutes, which was so nice. At 7 she started screaming because poor thing was hungry. It was hard to hold her and rock her, knowing perfectly well that all she wanted was to eat and I couldn't feed her. :( She gave up and fell back asleep at 7:45 and slept until 8:05 when they came to take her to the OR. It was really tough handing her over to the nurse to take back into the OR. But we did it. She was gone for a little over an hour. The surgeon (who we LOVED) came out to tell us she did great and that he felt really good about the surgery and was pretty positive he got all of the cyst out. The nurse brought her back to me. It was sad seeing her little bruised and swollen eye and her stitches at first. My poor baby girl! I fed her, which made her very happy! After she ate she was so funny! She was still pretty groggy from the anesthesia so she was cooing and smacking her lips and yawning. It was too cute! We took her home and we all fell asleep for a couple hours. She had a great day yesterday. I only gave her pain medicine once. She's been a happy baby since! We're so grateful everything went well and that she is already feeling so much better! Thank you for all your prayers, love and support!
In her cute hospital jammies!
This is a video of her after surgery when she was still a little groggy.
Post surgery. :( Poor little eye!

So glad everything went well with the surgery. Cute little girl! Love the video :)
ReplyDeleteGreat job on your boards! Wahoo! You're a nurse! Makes it feel like FOREVER ago when you Finally got into nursing school, huh?!! :)
And Zac, congrats! We knew you would do awesome and we're so proud of you. Can't wait to see where you go to school! We love you guys!
Great Job Zac!!! And congrats Kelsey to being a Nurse! You both are amazing. Hope little Kennady gets feeling better
ReplyDeleteThank you for the invite to allow me to read your blog. I love to keep up on the lives of the fam.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to both of you on your tests. Such a relief, I'm sure.
Way to go Zac on your MCAT score. We always have known that you were a bright, determined, dedicated young man. You will have lots of doors opened for you because of your efforts.
Glad that all went well with little Kennady.
Loves,
Aunt Nee